Scope for Imagination

Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?

-Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery




Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Main Street

I really had no choice in the matter.

I knew my town had to have the word "Springs" in the name. "Springs" just has to put a bounce in your step as you walk down Main Street.

But the front part of the name?

I really wanted to have a bit of sophistication in the town's name. You know, as though I'd really thought it through...

But it has named itself and I can't change it in my mind at all. It is what it is:

"Hopeful Springs"

and that's that.

No comments: